The program of the first day of the event is built around insightful keynotes on FDI trends in the BSR region, examples and possibilities for regional cooperation in investment promotion work.
The second day is reserved for hands on workshops that enable colleagues with specific interests (e.g. Russia, China, cleantech, ICT, growth capital, outsourcing, business intelligence, marketing and communications) to get together, share best practices and find areas for cooperation.
The event is moderated by Courtney Fingar, Editor-in-chief, fDi Magazine/Financial Times Ltd.
DAY 1, Monday 9th of June
Venue: Haltia – the Finnish Nature Center
13:00 Opening words by Flemming Stender, Deputy Director, Baltic Development Forum
- FDI trends in the region by Courtney Fingar, Editor-in-chief, fDi Magazine/Financial Times Ltd.
- Corporate perspective on Baltic Sea Region as an investment location by Roel Spee, Global Leader, IBM-PLI
- Megatrends and their implications to the IPA work by Iain Jawad, Director of Strategic Partnerships, Frost & Sullivan
14:45 – 15:30 Coffee break
- Introducing the business plan for the BSR IPA cooperation by Maurice Kuipers, Senior Consultant, Buck Consultants International
- Lead generation and pipeline management – dos and don’ts by Marc O’Connell, CEO, OCO global
- City branding: case Amsterdam by Frans van der Avert, CEO, Amsterdam Marketing
17:00 Panel discussion and closing words
18:00 Buses leave from Haltia to Sokos Hotel Vaakuna
Venue: Restaurant Kaarre / Sokos Hotel Vaakuna
20:00 Dinner opening
Dress code: business casual
DAY 2 , Tuesday 10th of June
Venue: Aalto University Design Factory
8:30 Registration for newcomers
09:00 – 09:30 Opening words by Jenny Antonen, Marketing and Communications Director, Helsinki Business Hub
09:30 – 11:30 Workshops
- Attracting ICT investments in the new era of ICT
- Attracting Growth Capital investments
- Innovation game – competing for R&D investments
- What does success mean in investment promotion? – Measuring & Reporting FDI, Its Impact and the Contribution of IPAs
- Marketing as a tool in investment attraction
More information on the tracks can be found here.
12:00-13:30 Lunch, Steal & Donate
13:30-15:00 Workshops continue
15:00 -15:30 Coffee break
15:30-17:00 Closing session
17:15 Bus leaves from Aalto University Design Factory to Sokos Hotel Vaakuna